Today was actually my first day in Budapest. Yesterday went by in a jet lagged haze. Although the beauty of Budapest did register, I was too busy trying to stay awake and keeping Mahendra awake. Saw Miami Vice, was definitely entertaining. Colin Farrel looked a bit bloated and heavy tho.
Budapest ...today I was actually able to see it and appreciate it. it does seem like all the eating spots are around the old town. I walked at first from the hotel, over the chain bridge and then over a neighbouring bridge. My complaint is the language and the lack of signs in English. The say Budapest is one of the prettiest cities in the world but how are people going to appreciate it until you put up signs in English, the universal language. I saw the Parliament building and it was a really pleasant walk. The weather fluctuates a fair bit, it will be hot one minute and then chilly the next. Sat in a cafe and watched the people go by. I had fun trying to tell who were the natives and who are the tourists. European women can sight see wearing 4 inch heels it would seem, dressed to kill. I saw some gorgeous women walking around with maps in their hands, they had to be tourists.
Tomorrow I plan to take the bus tour, I think that will help familiarize myself with the city.
Monday, April 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment